Announcing a new Degree Plus Certificate for Summer 2018
Health Services Certificate
Part of the Degree Plus Certificate Series at the University of Utah, the noncredit Health Services Certificate (HSC) is designed to provide students with foundational knowledge in the field of healthcare administration. Knowledge of these topics is essential background for anyone wishing to pursue an MHA degree. Key topics include:
- Medical and healthcare terminology
- Overview of healthcare industry Payer Systems / insurance systems
- Overview of healthcare front and back office operations
- Government oversight of healthcare organizationsMetrics of success in healthcare including Key Performance Indicators
- Data analysis using Excel and applied to healthcare industry
- Patient services and customer service in the healthcare industry including patient satisfaction measures, cultural competency, elements of strong patient education, and the patient bill of rights
- Career progression in the healthcare industry and typical educational requirements to achieve different goals including graduate degrees
- Students will finish the certificate with a multifaceted, integrated experience which serves as the culminating project
This certificate is ideal for those investigating healthcare services as a career field and interested in pursuing the Master of Healthcare Administration degree at the Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. No healthcare experience is required.
This program is created to help prospective students meet the admissions expectations of the Eccles School of Business Master of Healthcare Administration program and provides a solid foundation for those interested in applying to the program.
|Class format||Lectures, projects, guest speakers, case studies|
|Commitment||8 weeks plus capstone, classes held two nights a week on the main campus with two full day exceptions for labs on Saturdays.|
|How to Pass||Complete capstone project / career coaching|
|Certificates||University of Utah certificate, digital badge, transcripts|
Earn a Digital Badge
Those completing this certificate will earn a Health Services Certificate Digital Badge that can be shared on social media sites.
Find out more about Digital Badges and how they can have a positive impact on your career development here.
Certificate Director - Tiffany Vickers
Tiffany is currently the Associate Director of Student Services for the Masters of
Healthcare Administration program at the University of Utah. She manages the day to
day administrative program functions working directly with students and program faculty.
Additionally, Tiffany teaches for the College of Health and works inter-departmentally
with multiple stakeholders to set and achieve long-term strategic goals.
Tiffany began her career in healthcare in 1996 as the administrator for a medium sized, multi-specialty medical clinic where she spent 9 years directing administrative operations. In 2007, Tiffany began working in education with high school students at Horizonte and several Applied Technology Colleges in the Salt Lake Valley. Since then, she’s worked with other technical colleges in the Salt Lake area in positions that ranged from faculty member to Education Manager. She has years of experience with professional advisory committees, internship placement, curriculum development, academic advising, and the accreditation process.
She lives in Salt Lake City and is in the process of completing her PhD in Health Promotion and Education.
Have a question? We have answers. Contact Us!
For questions about how to enroll, scholarships or other administrative questions:
Andrea Miller – program director
801-587-8822 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about curriculum, career opportunities, class experience or the capstone:
Email our Certificate Director, Tiffany – Tiffany.email@example.com