PERSONALIZED COACHING HELPS YOU CONVERT YOUR ABILITIES TO AN EXCITING CAREER
We understand that it can often be a challenge to convert the right skills into a job that you love. That’s why we’ve included one-on-one career coaching for all Degree Plus students.
Your coach will help you connect the dots between your undergraduate degree, your newly minted skills and career opportunities that excite you! Whether you need help with writing a stand-out resume, getting a professional profile up on LinkedIn or planning for an informational interview, we’ve got your back with an advocate on your side.
CAREER COACHING DETAILS
- 90 minutes of personalized career coaching is included with all Degree Plus certificates.
- Coaching sessions are ideally conducted in person but may be also conducted online (Skype) by mutual decision.
- Students must complete a coaching appointment to successfully complete each certificate.
- Students can purchase more time with their coach if desired for $75 per hour in bundles of three hours ($225 total).
- Appointment date, time and location are all by mutual decision to meet unique schedule preferences.
- Unless otherwise arranged, we typically advise an initial 60 minute session followed by a 30 minute follow-up session.
- For those wanting to pursue graduate school, your coach can provide recommendations for next steps and how to utilize the benefits of your Degree Plus certificate in a graduate application.
- Provide assistance in creating successful resumes, LinkedIn profiles and cover letters.
- Based on your personal work experience and goals, provide suggestions for actions that can help you open doors to careers. For example, suggestions might include informational interviews, shadowing or attending networking events.
- Provide information about careers for your chosen certificate. For example, what are national and local professional associations? What are the most common job boards for this field? What publications or resources can you use to learn more about careers in this field?
- For those who ready to interview, we’ll help script talking points and a personal branding statement that will demonstrate and highlight benefits of hiring someone from your major or with your experience.
Your coach will reach out to you 2 to 3 weeks in advance of each certificate start date to begin the conversation. For your first 60 minute session, you’ll set a date, time and location that works for both of you. You’ll be asked to send your coach a few of your existing professional documents such as a resume or recent cover letters.
You’ll have your first session, and, as agreed, follow with another 30 minute session. During this time, you’ll be provided with a packet of resources that you can utilize at any time. Most importantly, our coach will tailor the sessions to meet your unique situation and goals.
Everyone is at a different point in their professional experiences, and we want to be flexible with our career coaching services. While a 90 minute coaching session is included for all students, only a 20 minute conversation is required to complete the certificate requirement. This smaller appointment will allow enough time to communicate basic career resources and learn a little more about your situation. This requirement isn’t meant to be an obstacle, and we’ll do our best to make it valuable for all our students.
Steve is an experienced, multi-faceted, passionate coach, mentor, teacher and executive. He has held senior management positions in various industries, including healthcare, academics, sports and recreation. His professional roles have included managing health delivery operations; marketing and new business development; network contracting; online business program management and adaptive ski industry program development and instruction.
Steve has been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in business management and health care administration for over 15 years. His primary areas of focus are: small business development, career communications, health care marketing, strategic planning and health care policy courses. He also facilitates corporate leadership and team building courses for two organizations: Adventure Associates and Park City Team Works. When he’s not in the classroom, Steve enjoys teaching skiing for Wasatch Adaptive Sports at Snowbird, guiding for Wasatch Adventure Guides in Park City, volunteering for the Continued Mission Veterans program, mountain biking and skiing.
He has a MBA from the University of Utah, as well as a MA in Sports Sciences from the University of Denver and a BA in Biology from Colgate University.
Have a question? We have answers. Contact Us!
For questions about how to enroll, scholarships or other administrative questions:
Andrea Miller – program director
801-587-8822 / email@example.com
For questions about career coaching or career opportunities:
Call our director of career coaching, Steve –