PERSONALIZED COACHING HELPS YOU CONVERT YOUR ABILITIES TO AN EXCITING CAREER
We understand that it can often be a challenge to convert the right skills into a job that you love. That’s why we’ve included one-on-one career coaching for all Degree Plus students.
Your coach will help you connect the dots between your undergraduate degree, your newly minted skills and career opportunities that excite you! Whether you need help with writing a stand-out resume, getting a professional profile up on LinkedIn or planning for an informational interview, we’ve got your back with an advocate on your side.
CAREER COACHING DETAILS
- 90 minutes of personalized career coaching is included with all Degree Plus certificates. This is an optional service and is not required.
- Students can purchase more time with their coach if desired for $75 per hour in bundles of three hours ($225 total).
- Appointment date, time and location are all by mutual decision to meet unique schedule preferences.
- For those wanting to pursue graduate school, your coach can provide recommendations for next steps and how to utilize the benefits of your Degree Plus certificate in a graduate application.
- All students receive a complementary review of their LinkedIn profile with suggestions for enhancement.
- Provide assistance in creating successful resumes, LinkedIn profiles and cover letters.
- Based on your personal work experience and goals, provide suggestions for actions that can help you open doors to careers. For example, suggestions might include informational interviews, shadowing or attending networking events.
- Provide information about careers for your chosen certificate. For example, what are national and local professional associations? What are the most common job boards for this field? What publications or resources can you use to learn more about careers in this field?
- For those who ready to interview, we’ll help script talking points and a personal branding statement that will demonstrate and highlight benefits of hiring someone from your major or with your experience.
Steve is an experienced, multi-faceted, passionate coach, mentor, teacher and executive. He has held senior management positions in various industries, including healthcare, academics, sports and recreation. His professional roles have included managing health delivery operations; marketing and new business development; network contracting; online business program management and adaptive ski industry program development and instruction.
Steve has been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in business management and health care administration for over 15 years. His primary areas of focus are: small business development, career communications, health care marketing, strategic planning and health care policy courses. He also facilitates corporate leadership and team building courses for two organizations: Adventure Associates and Park City Team Works. When he’s not in the classroom, Steve enjoys teaching skiing for Wasatch Adaptive Sports at Snowbird, guiding for Wasatch Adventure Guides in Park City, volunteering for the Continued Mission Veterans program, mountain biking and skiing.
He has a MBA from the University of Utah, as well as a MA in Sports Sciences from the University of Denver and a BA in Biology from Colgate University.
Have a question? We have answers. Contact Us!
For questions about how to enroll, scholarships or other administrative questions:
Andrea Miller – program director
801-587-8822 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about career coaching or career opportunities:
Call our director of career coaching, Steve –