Wondering if you might have the qualities and interests that would make a good instructional designer? Below, we’ve listed some of the more common characteristics that fit those going into this career field. See if any of these statements sounds like you.
- You’re known for storytelling skills
- You love to research new subjects and can get lost for hours on Wikipedia
- You’re naturally intrigued by people and feel at ease asking questions
- You respond well to project work, deadlines and timelines
- You have an affinity for technology and often teach yourself new digital tools
- Friends say you have an eye for design
- You have a talent for outlining, summarizing and synthesizing